terça-feira, 10 de julho de 2018

RP Review (part II) - N2


First Conditional

Definition: It is used to talk about possibilities in the future.

Structure and examples:
1)      If it doesn’t rain, I will go to the beach.
2)      If I win the lottery, I will travel to Japan.
3)      If she doesn’t call us, she won’t go.
If + simple present … + simple future (will)

Note: the order of the sentences may change!
Example: I will go to the beach if it doesn’t rain.

Exercises: blog and internet exercises


Second Conditional

Definition: It is used to talk about unlikely and imaginary situations in the past or the present.

Structure and examples:
1)      If it didn’t rain, I would go to the beach.
2)      If I won the lottery, I would travel to Japan.
3)      If I were you, I would call him
If + simple past … + would + verb

Note1: The order of the sentences may change!
Example: I would go to the beach if it didn’t rain.

Note2: In the conditional sentences, the verb “to be” in the past is used as “were”. See example 3: “If I were you, I would call him”

Exercises: W17, n 5,6,7 and 8


Third Conditional

Definition: It is used to talk about imaginary events in the past that didn’t happen.

Structure and examples:
If it hadn’t rained, I would have gone to the beach.
If I had won the lottery, I would have travelled to Japan.
If she hadn’t called us, she wouldn’t have gone.
If + past perfect … + would have + verb (3rd form)

Note: the order of the sentences may change!
Example: I would have gone to the beach if it hadn’t rained.

Exercises: W23, n 5,6,7 and 8


Should

When to use? We use should/shouldn’t to express a recommendation or a piece of advice.

Structure and examples:
He is not feeling well. He should go to the doctor.
I should go home. It’s late.
She shouldn’t yell at anyone. It’s rude.
should/shouldn’t + verb

Exercises: W16, n 2,3 and 4


Should have

When to use? We use should have/shouldn’t have to express regret or to criticize an action in the past.

Structure and examples:
He is not feeling well. He shouldn’t have eaten so much pizza.
They should have bought some souvenirs.
He shouldn’t have gone to the party. His father is furious.
should have/shouldn’t have + verb (3rd form)

Exercises: Page 41 and W22, n 3 and 4


Vocabulary about Injuries and Illnesses

Exercises: Illnesses - page 32 and W16 n 1
                   Injuries – page 40 and W22 n 1




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário